THE MVZ WIESLOCH as your nephrologist
KIDNEY DISEASES CAN BE DIAGNOSED AND TREATED AT THE MVZ WIESLOCH
About two million people in Germany suffer from kidney weakness. It can occur as a result of other diseases, for example diabetes or high blood pressure, or it can be caused by medication and autoimmune diseases.
If you have been diagnosed with elevated kidney values or blood/protein in your urine, we offer comprehensive and thorough nephrological diagnostics at the MVZ Wiesloch.
In addition, we advise you in detail and take care of the treatment of risk factors and concomitant symptoms (good blood pressure control, adjustment of medication, etc.). The aim is to preserve your kidney function for as long as possible.
If you have high blood pressure that is difficult to treat or have been newly diagnosed with it (especially at a young age), a secondary cause can be found in 5-10 percent of cases. These are, for example, constrictions in the renal vessels or benign, hormone-producing tumors of the adrenal glands. Here, too, we offer targeted and comprehensive diagnostics.
Should further invasive diagnostics be necessary, such as a kidney biopsy or even more precise endocrinological testing of the adrenal gland, we can refer you promptly to an appropriate center through our close network.
- Blood gas analysis to determine the acid-base balance
- Diagnostics and therapy of renal anemia and secondary hyperparathyroidism
- Nutritional advice on salt and protein consumption, and advice on medication and lifestyle
- Laboratory diagnostics of autoimmune diseases
- Laboratory diagnostics of the renin-aldosterone system, glucocorticoids and metanephrines
- Long-term blood pressure measurement
- Kidney and adrenal gland sonography
- Renal artery duplex sonography to exclude renal artery stenoses
- Collect urine for determination of creatinine clearance and protein excretion
- Collect urine (acidified) for the determination of catecholamine excretion
- Urine sediment (phase contrast microscopy)
- Urine examination: urine streak test, urine culture, micral test, quantitative determination of protein excretion in sponatanurine
If you pre-register your visit online or by telephone, you will help us to shorten waiting times.